Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Diane The Antepartum Queen


We just got back from having an ultrasound done and thought we would take a moment to update everyone. We aren't experts but the boys seem to be growing good. They are estimating their weights at around 4 pounds a piece, which seems big compared to what we were looking at a month ago. It is really big if you consider that little ole Diane has 8 pounds of baby inside of her. I don't know if you are watching the calender along with us but tomorrow will be 34 weeks which is a huge milestone. According to one of are doctors, Dr. Grey (Angela not Meridith), after 34 weeks most all of the important development has taken place and all that is left is some growth. The plan, as of now, is to keep Diane on her medication but if the contractions flare up, they will not try to stop it.

This is going to be quite a change in mindset for all of us. We have been so focused on keeping the babies from coming and now we are able to look forward to them with anticipation. This is what I assume most "normal" expecting parents do. We would sure like to see them stay put a few more weeks, but after all this hard work we are finally looking forward to meeting them.

The nurses on the high risk floor have an Antepartum Queen award that they put on the door of whoever has been at hospital the longest without giving birth and Diane was supposed to be given the award a little over a week ago. She refused the crown as a matter of superstition (it seems the last few gals who got it gave birth shortly afterward), but none-the-less has more than earned it. I feel confident enough to at least share this news with you now, but just in case we aren't going to be hanging it on the door anytime soon!

We are very excited to get to this point and want to thank all of you for your support and prayers. All those positive thoughts running through the atmosphere have done amazing things.

In other news we are down a doctor around here. Yesterday morning Dr. Tara Becker came in to do her daily rounds and she was on crutches. She tore her achilles tendon while running yesterday morning. She was a trooper though and even had to do a C Section yesterday afternoon. I don't know what it would be like to see your doctor wheeled into the OR in a wheel chair, but you can't say she isn't dedicated.

That is all the news for now but check back in a couple of days. If you haven't already done so please vote on what color the babies' eyes are going to be. GO HAZEL! Also please leave us a comment we really enjoy reading them.

Thanks,
Curt and Diane

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm following your progress as closely as possible through this great blog. What a service!

I can't wait to hear that everything is great so we can go shopping and shower you guys with a few essentials. We have a bunch of standard items we kept listed the whole first couple of years with our kids that we thought (and still think) every parent should never be without (for your own sanity, not because we're wierd hippie parents that think all decorations should be strictly black and white only or something).
Anyway, the gifts probably won't work for you or your kids, but that's just God's little joke on those of us who were difficult for our own parents to raise. I have come to believe that God makes sure to keep you guessing to ensure that your experience is as foreign and difficult as it was for your own folks. Can't wait to meet your little ones someday in the near future!

An update for you from our end:

We sold the house in Salt Lake... again... (maybe I told you some of that seemingly neverending saga/story..?)

Anyway, this deal looks to be a good lock on the house and we should all finally be a family here in WY again soon. We are set to close on the house Sept. 30 which could certainly leave us homeless for a while until we find a new home to move our things into. Regardless, we're glad to be out from under the Salt Lake home in this unstable current market. Everyone is well in the Keefe home, just waiting for the call to let us know you are all okay too!

All the best guys!

We love you and promise to direct all of our powers of "good" and all good karma, extra-sensory-type powers toward you.
I hope it works! ;o)

Anonymous said...

34 Weeks! That's impressive, good work D, or should I say Queen D (that's a pretty rad crown). I always knew you had lots of patients! Arty is anxiously awaiting little brothers, think he just about has mastered the fine art of sharing. Hang in there!
love ya, Clayton, Brenda and pups.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys way to go!! Just wanted to let u know ur in my thoughts an prayers!! Cant wait till u bring the babie home!!
~Sami~

Anonymous said...

Hey guys way to go!! Just wanted to let u know ur in my thoughts an prayers!! Cant wait till u bring the babie home!!
~Sami~

Anonymous said...

You appear to have blogging down as well as "hospital-days." We really loved to hear and see what is going on down there. You have definately been in our thoughts and prayers. Keep growing those babies! :) Perry & Carla

Uncle Kendrick and Aunt Sharon said...

GREAT NEWS!

We are so excited for you!

I would have commented sooner but there are no kids around to help me get a user name & password! Dang I must be getting old!

We are on the mountain still, it has been nice the last couple of days, not so rainy, not that I am complaining about the rain!

Ok, before I type more, I am going to see if this is going to go through,

Old Lady signing off!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your progress! It is getting sooo exciting. Keep up the good work, Take care!
Judi & Gary

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that things seem to be going relatively well. Way to hang in there - both of you :-) Thanks for sharing the excitement!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for the boys to be here -- we can't wait for all the fun they are going to bring to the Hamilton Gang!! We continue to send our prayers and anxiously are awaiting the call! With Love from Doug and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am so glad for the update. I am so proud of all of you. Seems like it has been along time but not to much longer now. I am so excited. I can hardly wait to meet the boys. Please take care of each other and know you are all in my prayer and thoughts. For now I am sending you Love, Prayer and HUGS!

Anonymous said...

We have been following your progress closely with Doug and Michelle. We were so excited to hear that you made it to 34 weeks. You both have been troopers, our prayers continue to be with you all. Love, Rob, Kathy and boys

Anonymous said...

Congrats for hanging in there so long. I guess that I'm not the queen of everything anymore. Which is a crown I'm happy to pass along. Hang in there and thanks for the blog it is a nice way to keep track of things.
love ya,
Karrie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We also are praying for all of you. Let the Nebraska relatives know ASAP. Love Duane and Danita

JessicaT said...

We will be waiting with anticipation! Hope all goes well when the big moment finally come! Hugs, Jess Tharp and family

The Greers said...

Wow, this is a blog we (or actually I) check often...awaiting the news. Hang in there...both of you. The boys will bring you great joy and all this "before boys" chaos will just seem like a blur. You are in our prayers and thought.
Amber Greer & Family
http://tamagreer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We are reading your blogs often, and I'm so thankful to have just read Sharon's, as I too am having trouble with the user name and password thing so will just try the annonymous route this time. You are all (Linda too, by the way are you going to be Nana, Grandma, Grammie???) in our thoughts and prayers, and I want to say it again, please take a side view of that little Diane she looks way too small to be carrying twins.

Amanda's stay at the Ronald McDonald house the three weeks before Skylar was born was such a treat. What a blessing those places are. Wonderful people, beautiful facility...I did lots of sewing for the new little one while staying there with her.

Better help Gene with our meal for the day!!! Love you, g & k and the abc's