Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Flight Has Been Delayed


Hello again! We thought we would take a minute and update everyone on our status.

We had an ultrasound this morning and the doctor did an Amnio Test to determine the maturity of the babies lungs. The results suggested that the lungs were almost mature, but not quite. This means we will not be delivering the babies tomorrow morning as we had hoped and instead will have to wait a while longer to meet our little ones.
We now have a new plan, but don't go marking your calender just yet because if we have learned anything during this experience it is that it doesn't really matter what you have planned, THINGS CHANGE!!! As of this minute we are scheduled to go in on the morning of Oct. 7th to deliver the babies. This strategy has been laid out with the assumption that the babies don't decide sometime between now and then to cut their stay short. Guess we don't have to wait to see who rules the roost at our house. They aren't even here yet and they are already calling the shots.

The good news is that the computer is estimating that both boys are weighing around 5 pounds 2 ounces. It is very exciting that they have grown that much. Diane agrees with these estimates!!! She has gotten very uncomfortable over the past couple of weeks. It seems like one of them is headbutting her in the ribs or kicking her tailbone all the time. If the estimates are right Diane will be delivering close to 11 pounds of baby.

I am really hoping that we make it to the 7th. I don't think I could come up with any better birthday present for me!!!!!! That is right, the boys and I would have the same birthday!!! Just in case though, you might want to keep checking back regularly over the next week to see what the boys decide to do. We will try to update the blog as soon as we get a chance after they arrive.

Take care,
Curt and Diane




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there you guys if you have waited this long whats one more week. Easy for me to say right. Maddy and I headed to Wyoming this past weekend to meet the new little one. He is pretty nice, and Natalie and Madison had fun playing and fighting. Maybe a little more fighting than playing, but were fine for the most part. Saw Grandma Eleanor at church she looks really good. Well take care and hang in there one more week.
Love
Karrie

Anonymous said...

I was checking the blog to wish you good luck tomorrow (sorry) but it is just like what Karrie said what is one week more. I would be very nice if they choose Curt's birthday. Time will tell. My niece's birthday is tomorrow and my nephew birthday is also the 7th. My Mom's was the 17th and of course Natalie's is the 20th but heaven forbid that you will have to wait that long. I vote for Curt's birthday. Always remember you all are in my prayers. I send you love, prayer and most of all HUGS!

Anonymous said...

You two crack me up … it looks like you are both taking it all in stride!! I can’t believe Diane is caring 10+ pounds of baby – I don’t think she shows it at all. She still looks perfectly adorable!! Can hardly wait any longer for Cooper and Carter – Later, Michelle

JessicaT said...

How exciting!!! I know exactly how hard it can be to wait one more week when this is all you've thought about for SO LONG...but I know you guys can do it. Laughter is the key, and it seems from the picture you guys have pleanty of that! I can't believe Beckett is a month old this week. From here on out time really will fly too fast! We will keep checking for any news. Hugs and love, Jess Tharp and family

Uncle Kendrick and Aunt Sharon said...

Cute Curt! Can you do that at the bull sale when no one will bid? I was so excited that I couldn't wait until tomorrow! Guess I'll have to find something else to be excited about tomorrow! Hmmm . . . any ideas? Praying for the babies to keep growing & patience for all!

Sharon & Kendrick

Uncle Kendrick and Aunt Sharon said...

Cute Curt! Can you do that at the bull sale when no one will bid? I was so excited that I couldn't wait until tomorrow! Guess I'll have to find something else to be excited about tomorrow! Hmmm . . . any ideas? Praying for the babies to keep growing & patience for all!

Sharon & Kendrick

Greg & Traci said...

Curt & Diane, Great to see you site and hear how you are doing. We have been thinking about you both. The kids say a prayer for you guys every night! You are entering such a fun time in life, enjoy it....it just keeps getting better....we know this from experience although not with twins! My you will have some great scrapbooks! We can't wait to meet those boys and have you all back in Casper!
Love Greg and Traci Faxon :)

Team Nelson said...

Glad to see you are keeping your sense of humor and entertaining yourselves a bit with this blog! I am looking forward to our visit tomorrow! Also - today is a great day to have babies if you don't want to wait for Curt's birthday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good news. Hope it hits your birthday that would be really cool. Take care of yourselves. Love Duane and Danita

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt and Diane - sure you are getting very anxious but what a neat birthday present. Diane will never have to buy you another gift if you get two boys for this birthday!!!
Beautiful fall weather in Crandall. Jeff & Scott are still in the mountains looking for an elk - Gary, Tami Molly and I came out yesterday.
Hang in there and you will ALL be in our prayers on Tuesday.
Love Judi & Gary

Anonymous said...

I would like to look at pictures when you get them. It looks like you have to know last name and secret word to get in to look at them. Let me know when you get a chance and pictures up. Love Danita & Duane

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!