
Welcome to our first attempt at blogging. We thought this would be a good way to keep everyone informed about what is going on with our little family in waiting and then give us a place to show off our new additions once they finally get here.
Diane and I are currently residents of Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital (PSL) in Denver. One month ago today, 29 weeks and 1 day into the pregnancy, Diane started having preterm contractions and was admitted to the hospital in Casper. After trying a variety of different treatments during what we would both consider to be 3 of the longest days of our lives, the doctor believed that the contractions had subsided and sent Diane home to begin what we hoped to be 8 weeks of bed rest. Unfortunately the next morning Diane began to feel contractions again so back to the hospital we went.
Upon arriving the doctor examined Diane and determined that the best coarse of action was to send her here (PSL) where they are better prepared to accept our early arrivals. The trip down here seems like a blur but from what we can remember it went something like this.
The nurses strapped Diane down to what we can best be described as an ironing board fastened on top of a gurney, wheeled her through the hospital and slid her into an ambulance. Our driver, Stephen (don't ask me why I remember his name), then took what had to be the bumpiest route possible to the airport, where they moved Diane and the ironing board into an Air Life jet and in no time had us in the air. It took 55 minutes to fly down here, which included a fly by of Investco Field at Mile High, which the one of the flight nurses pointed out to me. Like I cared at the time.
We landed and they moved the ironing board and its passenger into a helicopter. On the flight from Casper I was informed that there would not be room for me on the helicopter but they would have a taxi waiting at the airport to take me to the hospital. If you can believe it this is where my trip got interesting. The taxi driver was a nice Russian gentleman who kept stirring and sipping on a clear liquid he had in his large translucent convenience store drink cup. Vodka anyone? Being Russian it didn't seem to affect his driving and as it turns out I almost beat Diane to the hospital.
Since arriving at PSL we have had quite a ride, but luckily the doctors have been able to find a combination of medications to minimize the contractions and keep the kiddos where they belong.
Upon arriving the doctor examined Diane and determined that the best coarse of action was to send her here (PSL) where they are better prepared to accept our early arrivals. The trip down here seems like a blur but from what we can remember it went something like this.
The nurses strapped Diane down to what we can best be described as an ironing board fastened on top of a gurney, wheeled her through the hospital and slid her into an ambulance. Our driver, Stephen (don't ask me why I remember his name), then took what had to be the bumpiest route possible to the airport, where they moved Diane and the ironing board into an Air Life jet and in no time had us in the air. It took 55 minutes to fly down here, which included a fly by of Investco Field at Mile High, which the one of the flight nurses pointed out to me. Like I cared at the time.
We landed and they moved the ironing board and its passenger into a helicopter. On the flight from Casper I was informed that there would not be room for me on the helicopter but they would have a taxi waiting at the airport to take me to the hospital. If you can believe it this is where my trip got interesting. The taxi driver was a nice Russian gentleman who kept stirring and sipping on a clear liquid he had in his large translucent convenience store drink cup. Vodka anyone? Being Russian it didn't seem to affect his driving and as it turns out I almost beat Diane to the hospital.
Since arriving at PSL we have had quite a ride, but luckily the doctors have been able to find a combination of medications to minimize the contractions and keep the kiddos where they belong.
Diane's mom is staying in Denver and comes in everyday. We have had an number of different visitors and we really don't have time to get bored. Nurses come in every 2 hours to give Diane her medicine and we put the babies on a monitor 3 times a day for an hour. Diane gets to go to the PT pool once or twice a day for an hour if she wants and we have even been able to sneak her out for a couple of short wheel chair rides around the block.
Now that you are caught up on all the happenings of the past month we will try to update you on any new developments on a more frequent basis.
Thanks for visiting,
Now that you are caught up on all the happenings of the past month we will try to update you on any new developments on a more frequent basis.
Thanks for visiting,
Curt and Diane

26 comments:
We are thinking of you and wishing you all the good luck in the world. Hope everything is going better.
Thanks for keeping us posted ! What an adventure ! Best thoughts from Christelle and Laurent. Love you and keep in touch.
Thanks for including us--thinking of you. Hang in there and good luck. It keeps raining and we may just slip down to see you.
Don & Ev
So glad to have this little porthole into your lives. Keeping all four of you in our hearts and prayers, with love, Bill & Julie
so glad you guys aren't getting bored down there. Brian was a nervous wreck most of the time, but I think most of the doctors and nurses at the hospital have to have a little sense of humor when they apply for a job, so that makes it a little easier. Never a dull moment with twins though, is there. Good luck guys and we're here for questioning if you need us. take care! Brian and Audrey Pryor
Do you know the sexes yet? I can send you a lot of clothes to get you started. If you can think of anything else you will need once you get home, please let me know...
Jenny and Justin
Hello, everyone. I am so glad that you have a blog. It is allot of fun to keep up with things. We are praying for all of you. I am so happy to have things so far so good. Things here are always busy. Baby Beckett is doing good and Natalie is good too, she is a good big sister. She loves her preschool. Miss Kare Bear and Madison tho. Please take care of each other. If you need anything we are a phone call away. I send lots of love, prayer and HUGS! Jill
You are a born writer, Curt! It's nice you can spin some humor on the situation. I can't imagine the trial this has been, but trust me when I tell you it will all be worth it! I had a harder delivery with Beckett than Natalie, but you just seem to forget all the bad stuff once you're holding him. You'll get to feel that good twice! Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you, and we can't wait to meet the boys. Hugs to all (Linda, too!), Jess, Kyle, Natalie and Beckett
PS You can check out our blog at http://tharpfamilyfun.blogspot.com
OK, you show-offs. I gave you this great idea and you have 8 more posts on your blog than I do on mine. I can see that I am going to have to do something to drum up some excitement on my blog. :)
I am really looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow and I think your blog looks great!
I want to be the first to claim to be adopted grandpa. what comes with that is as soon as the twins are out of diapers i get first baby setting rights, at my convenice. first fishing trip trip, first camping trip, and so on. glad you decided to have this blog so i could stake my claim...Del
I'm so glad you all have managed to keep the twins where they need to be. Sounds like you've had a heck of a time. But I'm guessing you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and before too much longer you'll be home with two beautiful babies. What is the plan for delivery? I'm excited for you. -Kathy Bailey
We are so very excited for you. I have no idea about eye color. I am sure they will be blue at first anyway! I am so glad that it is going well (though I am sure not too exciting). Let us know if we can send you something.
Denise and Family
Thanks for the information, good job. We are praying for you and the babies. Think you should name them mac and cheese.
Hi Curt and Diane,
Thanks for starting this blog - please keep those boys were they are for a bit longer. Babysat Molly today while the guys went antelope hunting and we talked about DiAnn and her TWO babies and TWO puppies. You will probably hear for Scott soon about the BIG buffalo hunt.
You are in our thoughts and prayers
Judi & Gary
Hi guys - great idea on the blog. Now we can check in on the Cox family even when we are on the road....
Everyone at work is thinking about you and hoping all continuous to go well. Jeff and Terri ask for an update everytime I talk with them, so I'll pass the site information on to them as well.
I am so glad your mom is with you.
Stay the course -
Vikki
Thanks for the update guys!
I am confident you've either had the babies by now or will very soon.
i've lost my phone Curt. And therefore, I lost your cell phone #. Please email soon to leave me your # so I can call back you soon.
I've thought about you guys and the babes everyday since I came down to see you. I went to Salt Lake for the weekend to visit the wife and kids. We're still in transition back to Wyoming...
The whole family is excited and we prayed together for you and your family every day. We're confident in your strength and faith as people and soon-to-be parents. We're all so very proud of you!
Stay strong throughout. You'll get through this.
All our love and prayers my friends.
Chris, Tamara, Gavyn, & Peyton Keefe
Just glad all is going as good as it can. Please keep us aware of what is going on. We hope that you are hanging in there, maybe hearing from all of us will make your days go faster. Take care. Love, Danita
We are glad to hear you guys are hanging in there. Mary H. gave me an update today at the bank and it was great to read the blog. We are praying for all of you!
Jeff, Tricia, Nicole, & Megan
Greetings from Quincy! We are all keeping up on your adventure. Our little Jacob was 6 weeks early and now just had his third birthday September 11. He is doing great! So I'm so glad you have reached that point where the outlook is positive. This blog is a great idea. Everyday gets them stronger so keep up the good work Diane. I'm voting for blue eyes because I've been told babies are born with blue eyes. True or not??? Love and prayers for you all. Good luck. Anxiously awaiting your news. Susie and Ron and family
Hey guys, glad all is well. Our girls turned eighteen months old yesterday, but it does seem like yesterday when we were impatiently waiting to see them pop out. Brian asked the doc if he could hold them when they came out, and he did get to hold them just for a minute. I was 35 weeks to the day when they were born. I'm glad Brian got to have that moment. Good luck to you guys! Take care
Sorry I didn't make it to the dinner last night, my friend/co-worker, Kristi, said that Diane looks very pregnant! Sounds like all is going well - hopefully the next couple of weeks will fly by!
Sounds like you are still hanging in there. We are back on dry land. I thought you would have had them by now. I am glad we didn't miss out on anything. Glad all is going well. Know that you are in our hearts and prayers. Tell Linda hello for us. Lin and Marylou
It was great to have the opportunity to visit with you - Diane looks great when you consider all she has been through and Curt looks like he is holding up good as well! Ken is working on the cradle today! Kathy
OK you two (4), how wonderful is it living with Ronald? Is he hard to get along with? Cool! The boys will say I want McDonalds really early?? Glad you're out of the small room - Put a picture of you all sitting on Ronald's lap on the blog. Enjoy you quiet time together it won't be long. Hang in there you're doing great. The gang at Elk
Congratulations!! How long are you staying in Denver? I want to get up to the hospital before you leave. When are they ready for visitors?? They are SO handsome!
What cute babies! I can hardly wait to hold them. What fun you all have in store for you. I have so much fun with my twins.
Post a Comment